Wednesday, March 24, 2010

My 1st Tournament

On 20th March 2010, I headed a big first step in my tabletop experience where I participated my first Warhammer 40k tournament after playing near to 1 year.

Held by Game Forge Penang, the tournament itself is in 400pts Combat Patrol. No soft score such as sportmanship and painting score will be recorded in this tournament, solely winning point and score. Every participant will need to play 3 games and the one who score the most will win the tournament, more like a league game to me.

There are certain rules and restriction on the list itself which I will not go into details. The major restriction were no model with more than 2 wounds, more than 2+ armor sv/invul sv and at least 1 troop. And here's my list,

6 men plague marines, 2 meltagun, champ with pf
5 men havocs with 4 autocannon, IoCG
Rhino

My 3 rounds opponents were, 2 10 men Ultramarines, Runic priest + long fang SW and an Dark Eldar that field warrior with haemoculus + gang on jetbikes. I recorded 2 clear wins and a clear lost against the SW player. I was told that I was pretty close to claim the third spot, however I'm satisfied with the result seeing this is my first tournament as I dont expect myself to win anything, more towards to how I adapt to the tournament environment. I must admit I'm quite nervous on my first game, although all opponents are all friendly gentlemen. :)

Congratulations to all the winners and I must say I really enjoy the tournament itself. Sporecon NEXT !!

No comments:

Post a Comment