Saturday, July 3, 2010

And the League Continues...

2 weeks past by, the league that I participated are full with bloody battles. I to, of course, not an exception.. Recorded a few wins and a loss. Although I grieved the loss and joyful over the unexpected won against the top ranked player, I have not forgotten to learn from the mistakes in every game. And I feel that I just have to share with everyone,


1. Never Underestimate Your Opponent List

It's easy to say than done.. I cant deny the fact that sometimes I underestimated my opponent due to the weird thing/combo in their list, especially the opponent himself is a new player. I strongly believe every player build their list to a certain of degree of competitive, and once you fall into their competitive element of their list, you will soon find out you are in deep trouble. We have heard alot of all this new "weird" lists lately, like foot slogging eldar, 130 footslogging orks, the return of Nidzilla etc which are deadly if you did not handle it correctly. So, proceed with caution, unless you know your opponent codex like the back of hand.


2. Never Overestimate Your List

Unless you are playing army size above 2k or 3k which allow you to basically filled everything from your codex, otherwise every list have their own weakness. Do not have the mentality of your list is the best or unbeatable, you never know when the lady of luck turn her back on you or your next opponent has just design a list just to nail you.


3. After the Game

Well.. what did you guys do after the game ?? Laughing at the funny moment that happened in the game just now ?? Or frustrated on the dice roll that screwed you big time ?? Well.. be honest, I did both of these before too. But now, I would quickly summarize what I have did well and what mistake I made while the game is still fresh in my mind and learn to it. It helps a lot to improve you as a player tactically. Of course, do not forgotten to shake and joke with your opponent.

No comments:

Post a Comment