Thursday, July 15, 2010

A Relook into Khornate



The 1st phase of the league is coming to an end. I'm more than happy on the result I have managed to achieved in the league table thus far. While waiting for the league finale, I have suddenly redevelop my old interest in Khorne army again. I always have a special favor towards Khorne since the day I get to know Warhammer 40k and play zerkers heavy army on my first day on TT. However, I have abandon them (sadly) due to I found that I have reached a bottleneck where I could not lead my beloved zerker into competitive scene.

After a year, I felt that I have get the hang of 40k rules than I was first introduced to this game, and I have improved overall as a player in the sense of tactic and strategy (hopefully I'm right on this!). I'm ready to look into a full khornate army again.

Here's the list that I initially drafted,

World Eaters Again v2

Abaddon

7 men Chosen, 3x melta, 2x pf, rhino

8 men PSM

20 men berzerkers, champ, pf

5 men CSM, IoCG, rhino

8 men Havocs, 4x autocannon, IoCG

1 Land Raider, EA


Yes you read it right, the 20 zerkers squad are footslogging !! Cant believe in a mech heavy meta games nowadays some marine are still travel by foot eh ?? The doctrine is simple, abby ride in LR with 8 PSM to absorb firepower while zerkers following tightly behind the LR to gain cover save. The rest are pretty much self explained. The only problem I foresee is that I might suffer against 2x LRs army as I initially plan to throw in 2 obliterators but unfortunately dont have enough points to do so. Well... I'll play test this fun list this weekend and we'll see how.

Hopefully this time around I can play them cunning and right.

PS. I was always wondering what happened if Khorne start to "think" cunningly, Fear the Khorne ?? xD

2 comments:

  1. You putting any pics in this blog, or is it just different list combos and whatnot? Just curious... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea... I dont mind showing up my army and some other photo regarding 40k gaming. Let me get my camera fixed first haha

    ReplyDelete