Saturday, October 27, 2012

Battle Summary on 26th Oct 2012

It been quite some time since I last updated my blog and I guess it's that time again to refresh the blog itself. Many of you knows I am very much into Warmachine/Hordes and I am enjoying even though it's a completely different mechanism compare to 40k.

As much as I would like my battle report as complete as my other gaming mates are, I must apologize for the missing of photos. So I guess I'll just summarize the games I have rather than creating a standard write up plus photo, sorry !

26 Oct is a good day as it's a public holiday for Malaysians and most importantly, I get to play as much as I want for the whole afternoon ! I had total of 4 games on the afternoon itself with my pMorghoul list. For the benefit of everyone, my 35 pts list is as below,

pMorghoul
Titan Gladiator
Bronzeback
Molik Karn
max Gatormen
Taskmaster
min beast handler

1st Game vs Jun Nyet (Scryah)

Ah my first encounter vs Scryah... I dont see many people playing this faction and the only thing I know about them is they are an elite faction, where every unit/solo are capable of killing caster by themself, yikes !! Let's start with his list, 

Kaelyssa
Mage Hunter
Sentinel + UA
Assasin x2
Jack (forgotten its name)
Eiryss

Hopefully I got his list 80% correct. When he fielded his army, I was shocked, there are like 20+ infantries on the table !! Never had I fought so many infantries before, not to mention I always have problem handling infantries with my list. To the game, Jun Nyet won the roll and start the game by putting his Sentinel in front while mage hunter staying behind. I decided to avoid his Sentinels with my beast and sent in the gatormen to hold the sentinels as long as they can. At the end, I think my strategy works as I managed to breach his mage hunter gunline and kill Kael with BB.

What I have learnt in this game,

1. I can actually trample through all his small based models instead of flanking him with beast, which I learnt from Alan later.

2. Keep more furies when my own caster is at the front line. You never know when shit will happen like facing caster like Kael who can take your fury upon hitting you and use it to boost his damage. Morghoul was left with less than 5 hp on the turn he attempt to assassinate me due to I only have 2 furies on myself. No chance of transferring my damage, a very close one.

2nd Game & 3rd Game vs Alan (Troll) 

Alan's 2nd Game list,

eDoomshaper
Bomber
Earthborn
Rok
War Wagon

Alan's 3rd Game list,

Borka + keg
Rok
War Wagon
Bouncer
Fennblade + UA
Chronicler

Both games on SR 2012 scenario and on 7 minutes timer. I am new to both elements and massacred (expected!) by Alan's troll. But thanks to him, I'm more clear and understood the rules further, and of course, a glimpse on trolls, too.

What I have learnt,

1. Placement, placement, and placement. After 5 to 6 games, I am still having trouble with my placement where I tend to block my own beast's charging lane. I seriously need to improve this.

2. I need to always make sure my beasts are within my warlock's command range. Nothing is worse than moving a beast totally out of warlock's command range and ended up seeing him unable to be forced to complete his job and die for nothing.

3. When you are unsure or cant figure out how overpowered a unit/rules are, read the stat card as there is no auto win unit in this game.

4th Game vs Cheng (Khador) 

Cheng's list,

pButcher
Manhunter
Destroyer
Berzerker
Juggernaut
Drakhun
Jack marshal which can boost jack

This time around Cheng fielded up a very jack heavy list. Pretty different from what I have seen with WM faction thus far. Cheng this time was holding back with his destroyer pot shooting over my BB while his jacks chilling at the back getting ready to counter attack. Seeing I have no way to counter his range, I have no choice but to play to his game. I sent in Gatormen as tarpit and let beasts beat down 2 of his jack + Drakhun and quickly abuse + rush + enraged on MK to assassinate Butcher before he can kill my beasts.

What I have learnt,

1. I need to protect my beasts better. My BB was killed before reaching into fights by manhunter charging and 2 turns destroyers shooting.
2. Need to time my feat better. I pop feat on my turn 2 when I was expecting Cheng's jack charge into my gatormen. Come on, I was popping feat to rescue my tarpit who are suppose to die ?! What the hell am I thinking. Even Cheng agreed at the end of the game that my feat timing wasnt very effective.

Alright, that's pretty much sum up the day itself. Thanks for reading and I promised next battle report will have photos !!

No comments:

Post a Comment